Expand your everyday connection to the natural world…
Andrew will introduce a range of enhanced observation techniques to bring a deeper capacity for nature awareness, including learning to interpret the secret language of local birds so you can too can track predators such as snakes and hawks as they silently move through the landscape.
- The story of Gondwana and how our ancient songbirds gave Earth a beautiful singing voice
- Overview on why different types of birds live and feed in different habitats
- Using simple observation skills and the art of ‘sit spot baselining’ to find, identify and learn from local birds
- Understanding seasonal movements of birds and using birds to set up site-based nature calendars
- Introduction to bird language and using birds to track predators through the landscape
Bring binoculars if you have them, paper/pen/pencil for taking notes, and come dressed for some off-track walking and sitting in the bush.
Booking essential. Limited numbers (25 people total)